Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Its potty time!

Dec. 13, 2007
Our 1st clue that Cooper was interested in the potty.
I wonder were he got this idea?

Today... Feb. 13, 2008.

I'M A BIG BOY NOW!

Call me crazy but we are officially potty training. Cooper did so good today. He only went te te in his diaper this morning and that was my fault. We were out all morning. We went to the gym, to storytime and then to lunch with daddy and didn't get home until 1:00 so he had to go in his diaper. All afternoon and tonight he went in the potty. He has kinda started this on his own. At his 18 month well visit the Dr. gave us some ideas to start introducing him to the potty. We went and got a book about the potty and a potty seat. We started putting him on the potty at night after he got out of the tub. We tried many, many times and only got a drop or two. Then one night he did it! Yeah! Several nights went by and nothing. Then he did it again. Yeah! It was real speratic at first but then he was going almost every night. A couple of nights ago, he said te te so we put him on the potty and he went. So we decided to try this more often and today he did wonderful. I know we have a long way to go (let me know if anyone has any suggestions) but I'm so excited. So as of today, we are official. I went and got big boy pull ups. I hope this works because pulls ups are expensive.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

So...I think he did want to go potty here yesterday. Landree's new name for Cooper is TeTe. Did I tell you that? I think it's because he said it 50 times yesterday! Plus, it's kind of fun to say. I am all for Cooper being potty trained. Maybe Landree will think it looks fun and catch on faster too.

Tricia said...

That is so awesome! Let me know the tricks you used.